Lots of things you like to do to a potato, can be done to a sweet potato. That’s why, a couple of years ago, I tried my recipe for potato salad on its orange namesake. And it worked!
Ever since, we have been serving this colorful salad at catered events and everybody loves it. Recently, one client told me that she still remembered the delicious potato salad that we served at her wedding and I promised her to put the recipe on the blog. So here you are Tamar.
It makes a great addition to a lunch or (beach) BBQ. Leftovers, if any, easily keep a couple of days in the fridge. Enjoy!Print
Sweet Potato Salad
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 10
- 1kg sweet potato, scrubbed clean and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- salt & ground black pepper
- Fill a medium sized soup pot with enough water to cover the potatoes and bring to the boil. Cook the potatoes with a pinch of salt for 12-15 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and let stand to release their steam.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, garlic, herbs and onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Fold in the potatoes and mix carefully.