- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 250g fresh okra, washed and sliced in half lengthways
- 1 tablespoon good quality extra virgin olive oil
- a sprinkle of coarse (sea) salt
- extra: a griddle pan (or BBQ)
- Heat your griddle pan for 5 minutes. Do not put any oil on the pan or it will become a smoky affair. Put your sliced okras on the griddle, cut side down. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the beautiful grill-marks appear. Turn and grill for another 2 minutes on the other side.
- Put the okras in a nice bowl and dress with the olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Serve immediately.