Mango Yoghurt with fresh Fruit & Peanut Crumble
- Prep Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Yield: 3-4
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- For the Mango Yoghurt
- 4 cups / 1 liter regular plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup / 125 g fresh mango puree
- 1 teaspoon / 5ml vanilla extract
- For the Peanut Crumble
- 2/3 cup / 75 g all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup / 50 g butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons / 25 g caster sugar
- 1/2 cup / 75 g peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup / 175 g fresh fruit, diced
- Scoop the yoghurt in the middle of a large piece of cheesecloth or clean tea towel, tie the ends together and leave to hang on a meathook over a bowl in your fridge for 4 hours or overnight. Alternatively use a fine-mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth or a clean tea towel set over a bowl. The longer you strain the yoghurt the thicker and creamier the result.
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 175C. For the peanut crumble, add the flour, butter and sugar to the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Mix in the nuts with your fingers. Bake on a greased bakingsheet in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes, or until browned. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Transfer the yoghurt from the cheesecloth into a bowl and fold in the mango puree and vanilla.
- Divide the mango yoghurt over 3 or 4 bowls, add a couple of scoops of the peanut crumble and a generous amount of fruit. Serve immediately.