This is a healthy and tasty salad at the same time. And easy to prepare. Just give it a try.
If you can’t find yardlong beans you can easily replace them with simple green beans or haricots verts.Print
Yardlong Bean Salad with Gorgonzola & Walnuts
- Yield: 4
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- 300g yardlong beans, cut into 10cm pieces
- 50g gorgonzola
- 50g red onion, thinly sliced
- 75g rucola
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 5 tablespoons walnut oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- freshly ground black pepper & salt
- Cook the beans in boiling water for 3 minutes and cool in ice-water. Make a dressing with the oil, lemon juice, pepper & salt. In a bowl, lightly mix the beans, gorgonzola, onion, rucola, walnuts and basil. Pour over the dressing and serve immediately.
Make sure not to cook the beans too long or they will become soft and lose their bite. Cooling the beans in an ice-bath will preserve their bright green color.