This is jalapeño turned into something entirely different and a nice twist to the good old sweet chili sauce.
Sweet and spicy at the same time, it makes for a delicious condiment to fried fingerfood like chicken wings or mozzarella sticks, or some tasty ribs. It keeps forever in the fridge.Print
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
- Cuisine: Condiments
- • 3 red jalapeño chilies, coarsely chopped
- • 3 green jalapeño chilies, coarsely chopped
- • 75 gram white onion, coarsely chopped
- • 1 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- • 180 ml cider vinegar
- • 2 1/2 cup sugar
- • 1 cup jelly sugar
- Combine the chiles, onion, celery seeds and 60 ml of the vinegar in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a saucepan.
- Add the remaining vinegar and the regular sugar.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the jelly sugar and boil for 1 more minute.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
Make sure to stir well during boiling, otherwise the sugar might crystalize again when the jelly is refrigerated.