- Yield: makes 20 10-cm sausages
- 1.5 kg boneless goat meat, cut into 3-cm cubes
- 500 gr pork belly fat, cut into 3-cm cubes
- 20 gr minced garlic
- 75 gr minced red onion
- 20 gr salt
- ½ tsp coloroso salt*
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp hot Spanish paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup ice-cold beef stock (or goat stock)
- 3 meter hog casings
- special equipment: meat grinder and stuffing tubes
- * curing salt used in food preservation to prevent or slow spoilage by bacteria or fungus. It also brings out the rich red color in cured meats.
- In a mixing bowl, combine everything but the stock (and casings). Place in the freezer until semi-frozen. Grind the mixture through a 6 mm plate. Transfer to a mixer with a paddle attachment and mix on low speed for 1 minute, gradually adding the stock. Mix for 15-30 seconds more until the mixture is sticky.
- Fry a small amount to test the taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Place the mixture into a sausage stuffer and stuff into the prepared casings.