We serve these burgers often at events and they are always a hit. They look super-cute and the combination of the grilled meat with the smokey flavor of the chipotle mayo is an absolute winner!
You can also easily turn these into regular size burgers for a delicious lunch or dinner. Just make the buns and the burgers a little bigger.Print
For the buns
- Yield: for 40 mini-buns
- 300g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ tablespoon active dry yeast
- 50g butter, at room temperature
- 175ml lukewarm water
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Mix the yeast with 2 tablesppons of the water and let stand for 10 minutes. Mix the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the yeast mixture. Add the butter and the remaining water and kneed into a soft, non-sticky dough. Let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Knock the air out of the dough and roll into 40 mini-buns. Brush some egg on each bun and sprinkle with the poppy seeds. Let rise for another 10 minutes before baking them in the oven for 10 minutes until just browned.
For the Burgers
- 1kg ground beef
- black pepper & salt
- green lettuce, for serving
- Kneed the salt and pepper into the ground beef and make 40 baby-patties of 25 grams each. Heat a griddle and grill the burgers 2 minutes on each side, or until done to your liking.
- Half the buns and put a small dollop of chipotle mayo on each half. Place some lettuce and a grilled burger on the bottom part and top with some pickled okra. Cover with the top bun. Decorate with a small toothpick.