Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: serves 4
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- 1 loaf of country style bread (like ciabatta or sourdough), cut into 1cm thick slices
- 200g soft goat cheese
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, leaves picked
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced in half lengthways
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Extra: griddle-pan
- Heat the griddle-pan over medium-high heat. Grill the bread on both sides for 2-3 minutes or until grillmarks appear. Take the bread out of the pan and rub the slices on one side with the garlic clove, for a subtile hint of garlic.
- Spread a generous layer of goat cheese on the bruschetta. Sprinkle with some oregano leaves, a little olive oil, lime zest and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Serve immediately, preferably with a glass of crisp Sauvignon Blanc!