Being a recent ‘victim’ of the nasty chikunkunya virus myself, I have found a perfect way to get my recommended daily shot of papaya extract. This extremely bitter extract supposedly relieves the sore joints, but drinking it poses a real challenge to the taste buds. With this recipe, the bitterness of the extract is overpowered by that of the coffee, and it tastes like a regular ice coffee. Perfect!
Note: papaya extract can be supposedly harmful for people with dengue. Please first consult your doctor about the cause of your illness, or simply enjoy this delicious ice coffee without the papaya extract.
Chikungunya Ice Coffee
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 250ml fresh whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons papaya extract, optional
- ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or cocktail shaker, add the ice, put on the lid and shake until foamy. Serve in the jar or in a nice glass with a straw. Drink immediately.