Awa Lamunchi with a Twist
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 liter
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- 3 cups/750ml water
- 1/2 cup/100g sugar
- 6 sprigs of mint
- 2 limes, scrubbed clean and cut into eight pieces
- 1/4 cup/60ml sweetened condensed milk
- Bring the water and sugar to the boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, while stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Take of the heat, add the mint sprigs and let steep until cooled to room temperature. Discard the mint.
- Put the mint syrup and limes in a blender and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Strain the lime mixture through a sieve, pressing down to retrieve all the flavor and juice. Return the juice to the blender and discard the solids.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and process until well mixed and foamy, about 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately with lots of ice and a few slices of lime.