- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 3 mins
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 1 1/4 cup (300 ml)
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- 2 cups (350 g) peanuts, raw and shelled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 175C. Put the peanuts on a baking sheet and roast the peanuts in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool.
- Transfer the peanuts to the bowl of a food processor and process for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the salt, oil and honey. Process for another 2 minutes, or until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Serve immediately or put in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 months.