Living on a tropical island has its disadvantages: I am thirsty all day! Since I don’t like soft-drinks and it is considered to be too early for a glass of beer or wine, I end up drinking lots of water during the day. This is all very healthy of course, but after my 8th glass I would like to drink something else. Good news is that I have found a great alternative with this recipe for homemade ice tea. It is 100% natural, sweetened with honey ánd very refreshing. Great stuff!
All you need is some green tea, fresh mint, honey and limes. Make a big batch and keep it in the fridge for a nice sunny day.
Homemade Ice Tea
- Yield: 3 liter
- 3 liter water
- 6 green tea bags
- 75g fresh mint sprigs
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from about 6 limes)
- Ice, extra mint sprigs & lime, to serve
- Bring the water to a boil, remove from the heat, add the tea bags and mint, cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Discard the tea bags and mint, add the honey and stir until the honey is completely dissolved. Let cool completely.
- Once cold, stir in the lime juice. Taste and add more lime juice or honey to taste. Serve over ice with a sprig of mint and a slice of lime.